Aging in Place is the wave of the future. House Calls enables Aging in Place by providing medical care in patient’s own homes.
Whether seniors are in private residences or senior villages getting medical care at home has multiple benefits:
- High quality the care that seniors need – each house call is typically 45-60 minutes
- Keeps seniors in comfortable settings
- Provides a central coordination point for other health related services
- Helps keep patients out of the Emergency Room
- Relieves stress on care givers who no longer have to find care and provide transportation
- Reduces costs of healthcare and long-term care costs
- Increase sense of independence
Medical care at home through Resurgia’s House Call Program can be a critical part of the equation.
Call us at 1-84House-Doc to start a conversation and see if Resurgia’s House Call medicine is right for you.
This PBS News Hour video is a bit long, but provides some very interesting perspectives on Aging in Place as a movement that is gaining traction across the country.
The video is captions as follows:
“The average American over the age of 65 will need roughly three years of long-term care, on average, according to government estimates. To get that care in a nursing home costs about $72,000 per year. But from D.C. to Massachusetts, Minnesota to California, Americans are devising innovative plans to help more people save money and stay in their homes longer. Here are a few examples.”